The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Nice Looking Watch / What Stage are You At?

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. It's off-topic indeed, but I do know a few people of the community here and nobody knew this was something I was working on, hehe.
So current stage:

Basically what I have produced are prototypes, functional prototypes, exactly how they will be produced. I'm currently finalizing the rubber strap (final drawings have been finished yesterday, I already had a prototype but wanted to make it better) and mould production will start now. I'm also finalizing a NATO strap, the final webbing has been decided, had to tweak the dimensions a bit as well. The nato strap should be ready within a couple of weeks.

The nato and rubber strap are part of the package that I'm offering. It's a dive watch so it's better to use either the nato or rubber strap for activities in the water. I also like to change to rubber or nato myself during summertime.
There's also an additional strap tool. I won't be sharing those photos just yet, hehe. Everything will come in a wooden box.

I'm also working on something else that should be finished in two weeks, was a last minute decision. But the watch is ready for production.

The launch will go through on the Kickstarter platform on October the 17th. There are many projects on there but I feel mine is from a completely different perspective since I've been collecting for about 10 years etc. It's purely a passion project.
Pricing will be around €635 on Kickstarter for the whole package (watch on a leather strap + strap tool, rubber and nato strap as an extra).

The ones launching on Kickstarter will be numbered as I feel it's something special. The production quantity will depend on the Kickstarter campaign as that will give me an idea of the market. I did not have the idea of doing a "limited run" but I'm not fully sure about it. Once Kickstarter is finished the watches will nog be numbered anymore.

It's quite a project, building a watch, I could have gone the easy way by going for a one stop shop, private label manufacturer but I wanted to choose every manufacturer myself. It's quite pleasing seeing the results, it's exciting as well.
Other than that, crazy how many big Swiss brands are producing stuff in China. I already knew that but didn't knew it's from the lower range to top even range brands.

It's an amazing adventure so far!

: Nice looking watch and an interesting story, how you came to
: develop it.

: So what stage are you at, in terms of producing and selling
: watches? Are you ready for them to go into production? How many
: will you make? And at what price?

: Yes, this is a little off-topic, but interesting . . . so let's see
: where it goes.

: Also -- sorry that your earlier posts required approval by a
: moderator, but I believe that I have now addressed the issue
: that was causing this.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE