The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
THE DEAL OF MY LIFE: part 2 *PIC*

I dont know guys if you are into Braun Design? Braun made 2 different wrist watches inthe early 70's: the DW20 and the DW30. The DW"0 they sold in two colors: balck and silver. The DW30 was first send as test watch to BRAUN dealers in balck and silver. They descided, that Braun should not go into production with the balck PVD version: and Braun processed thus only the silver one.

The number of balck watches was limited to 200.

In German Marks times, you had to pay between 4000 and 6000 DM to get one of these: of course as all this beautiful stuff goes to Braun dealers and there are much more than e.g. watch collcetors...today in Euro times it is rated at 4000-5000 euros.

In begin of last week I had the opportunity to buy a black one....850 euro....

The module was not working , BUT I had an old module at home from my past own Braun collection (mainly radios...but also specialties)...and guess what: it works now.

I attached a picture of the non working unit due to time....its a beautiful time piece...in black or silver...but due to my 21,5 cm hand wrist its too small for me...however as this unit is NOS conditions, I would never wear it!

I ordered a leather braclelet from an old former braun dealer in black, without the stripes: as this makes the watch even more expensice: the leather bracelets without stripes are very scare for this watch and where only made for the silver and balck prototypes.

So I hope we learned somthing about Braun Design: anyone else likes their old stuff?

Alex

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE