The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Against ebay Rules ? ? ?
In Response To: Users of sniping tools suck ()

is it really against ebay rules to use sniping software or sniping services?? This came as a surprise to me, though I haven't checked their rules on this point.

I tend to snipe, if it's a watch that I really want . . . my sniping is always live and in person. I have used a program once or twice over the last five years, but didn't trust it / like it.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: It's against the ebay rules, you know.... .
: Noone can compete with a sniping program
: manually, no matter how fast your
: connection.

: That said, I installed such an application as
: well, to be able to keep up with the
: cheaters.

: Funny thing is, there is so much talk here
: about fake watches, but software which
: manipulates ebay auctions - and has made the
: whole bidding process a joke - is considered
: appropriate ?

: Hilarious at best...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE