The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Congrats on your annversary. live and in person...

: I'm not into the automated version... I prefer
: being there and getting my adrenaline
: flowing waiting for the moment :)

: With encouragement from my beautiful wife, (who
: incidentally is buying this for me in honor
: of our upcoming 10th wedding anniversary) I
: (we:) decided to up my final bid $500 from
: what I'd previously planned... and that
: proved to be the winning margin :)

: I have won many auctions in the past this way,
: and still shake my head in disbelief when I
: see people placing bids with an hour or two
: left... the final 10 seconds is when it all
: happens!!! Be there or be square :)LOL

: Thanks for all the kind words and comments... I
: will share some more pix ASAP...
-/-/-/-/--/-/-/-/--/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Hello crew.
I have been sick for some time but now have come back to see how my x fav. site is. Thinking maybe I could post again.

But what a bummer it is to read this kind of mean replies to someone posting there thoughts. Hay I hate snippers TOO! But thats my deal because I have other things that I chose to do than learn the computer so I do not B-ch about it. You your self have snipped me I know 2 times on chronos 70s Long. and a $600.00 Heuer.
I had 3 windows open and was bidding like crazy. I got beat by2 seconds Good work with snip. my problem for not bonning up on things that are not what real auctions are about.
I think thats what the guy may mean also.
we all could just own quarts watches. but we like the old stuff. Snipping is like quarts not old world shake of hand . Thats all and why I beleave some folks do not like it. But this generation will die off soon and every body can have a lawyer to do any thing.

**But guys some of you are my age and maybe older. I have seen car clubs etc. loose members because of this Hollyer than though cr-p.***

Please stop it for the good of the site. JS questioned it and it was fine < but one of the crew has to take it personaly, and air it in public.

Just as I thought I would come back and enjoy the comeraderary, who needs to hear this cr-p.
Look around theres more to life then to get all worked up and put a hole neg on the site.
If i was the boss I would can this hole tread
it does not contribute to a Heuer site ONe BIT.

one can find folks who kiss up. but I have to tell you the last time there was ill words with smart remarks posted, there where those who posted here and there where those who emailed others with compleat differant eyes then what thay posted on the site.

Peter Nice work big Congrats and its wonderful you and your wife can enjoy this fantastic thing time to gether!
BLa BLA BLA

: Cheers,
: Peter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE