The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
13-1 Koni update.

After Paul sold the Koni 13-1 the next guy owned it for several years before I bought it from him last year.

The elements that appealed to me were the rarity of the piece (seems only one branded Koni), the link to Koni automotive suspension and 1980 being engraved on the caseback, which is my birth year.....so it was clearly a sign for me to buy it.

After I got it I put it into a new casing just because I picked up one cheap. I still have the original and that’s not going anywhere, but really wanted to make the dial pop again.

Recently I reached out to Koni and shared the pictures and my thoughts on it asking if they knew of someone important that left the business in 1980 or something similar. They chatted to a couple of guys who’ve been there for 40+ years and nobody recalls anything. They were happy to see the watch and their brand on it but couldn’t tell me a great deal else. They confirmed my opinion that the Koni font type used was that of their early logo (from 1944), a logo they still use on their stuff for vintage cars, under the Koni Classic range.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer ref. 13-01
Re: Heuer ref. 13-01
Added to OnTheDash -- Heuer Reference 13-01
Re: 13-1 KONI
Quick Reaction: KONI = Shock Absorbers and Suspension Part
Koni is Dutch (but owned by a US company)
13-1 Koni update.
Re: 13-1 Koni update.
Here is the Reference 13-1, from 1979 Catalog
Re: Here is the Reference 13-1, from 1979 Catalog
Re: Here is the Reference 13-1, from 1979 Catalog
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE