The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Parade Catalog -- Two Watches Per Day

Yes, John, I thought of you when I was watching this video.

At the Heuer Parade event last year, someone told me that they shoot two watches per day, for the catalog shots. To see just a few of the results, have a look here -- http://www.onthedash.com/document/phillips-heuer-parade-results/ And these are just the head shots . . . I must assume that there is a higher degree of difficulty on some of the more artsy shots.

So maybe some of us good get really lucky and capture a decent (??) photo of that Indy car at 200 MPH, but there is no such possibility with these watch shots. Takes some real expertise, some decent equipment and lots of time . . . no matter how good the photographer and equipment may be.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Try to take a really good watch photo. Try to take a watch photo as
: good as these. Just try to take a watch photo with no unwanted
: reflections...of the camera...of the surrounding room. After you
: get to that point try to place the highlights and shadows in the
: exact places where they show off the watch...make it look 3d in
: the 2d world of the screen or the print. Try to get the colors
: right. Try to make a watch photo with no flaws like the watch
: photos these guys make and it will be easy to see why it can
: take them so long. It will be easy to see why because quite
: frankly, most of us won't be able to do it...in a full working
: day or ever.

: JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE