The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
So...a nerdy photog response.

If the Phillips Heuer Parade web shots took 4 hours each or two a day, the photographer must have been wasting a lot of time. They are all shot against the same background and at more or less the same angle. Once you have the first shot set up doing the rest is pretty easy. The angles of the reflective surfaces on some of the watches is a little different so some adjustment of the "flags" and reflectors you are using may need slight adjustments but once you get going you can knock these out in a production line method.

Don't think I am knocking the quality of the web shots. I am not. Some of the Catalog shots would have required a bit more time but I think a lot of the time needed to make the shots print worthy was spent in post production.

Regarding the high speed motorsport shots...and the watch shots, they are all sort of like doing a magic trick. Once you learn the trick you can make it look easy. Getting that tires on the line 230mph car shot is mostly a magic trick that you practice and practice until you learn it. Most people could probably learn it with enough patience to do enough practice. With a good teacher and enough patience to do enough practice a lot of people could probably learn to do the watch shots too.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE