The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera 2447 NST
In Response To: Agree ()

Yes, I imagine that you have a pretty good feel for the Carrera market!!

Regarding the 2447 NST, its is somewhat surprising just how many of these we see, over the course of a year, etc. They seem to be far more common than the 2447 NS or the 2447 SN, and of course the 2447 NT is among the rarest of all.

This 2447 NST may have been another example of a watch being difficult to sell in a major auction, when the watch is available through other channels on a regular basis, and without the commissions. Perhaps the same for the Carrera 45 Dato.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I would generally agree - stable results, with a couple outliers
: and a couple of "steals" (which is very hard to do via
: Phillips). The Chronomatic was a great example and quite rare,
: regardless of its prior sales venue. Overall, I thought the
: cushion case Heuers did very well, while the 60's Carreras
: actually underwhelmed (specifically the 2447NST and the 3147S
: 2nd Exec on GF).

: As a lover of 1960's Carreras, part of me was glad ;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE