The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This is a watch TAG-Heuer should make... *LINK*

Hello,

Last night I received a call from a reclusive watch friend of mine and on a lark during our conversation I pulled up the R*X*W website... Check this out:

The name “ROCKX SOLID” means that the model is “solider than rock”, and it is an original watch brand which Ken Sato, a well-known collector and buyer of sporty models such as Rolex, develops worldly and wide.

Because Sato loves the golden ages of good-old mechanical sporty models so much, he has been reviving former good models with the latest technologies. There have been many inquiries on the ROCKX SOLID series, which made its simultaneous debut in Europe and America on 2002, even after last year’s sold out. Now the ROCKX SOLID has become a premium model, as it was knocked down with about $2000. While many Japanese people tend to select things only by its brand name, enthusiastic fans understand high-spec quality.

This new work has installed an original mechanical movement; modifying two legendary models designed in Swiss during 1960s ~ 1970s, the golden ages. Additionally, world’s first (manufactured in 2002) dual structure (N-luminous) Plasmir dial, and mil-spec 3H gas light capsule (keeps on emitting over 20 years even after the sun disappears), which American military and their special forces formally adopts, are also installed in this model. The former lever type model had evolved into Quatro-lock screw down type crown & pusher, along with 1000 gauss super antimagnetic structure. The belt is dressed with luxurious Connolly Leather (hand stitched), the purveyor to the Royal Household, which is also known for the leather for Rolls Royce and Ferrari.

This newest military chronograph fascinates us even more than the former model. It is destined to attract great deal of attention not only from collectors in overseas, but also from the whole world over.

ROCKX SOLID Plasmir Mil-graph
Specifications
? Movement: Swiss designed mechanical original chronograph movement (2 counter hand winding, 20 stone, 216,000 vph/3 counter self-winding, 34 stone, 28,800 vph)
? Case: SUS316 (1000 gauss antimagnetic performance for soft iron made inner case equipment)
? Crown & pusher: Quatro-lock system screw down type
? Windscreen: dome-shaped mineral crystal
? Dials & hands: Composite equipment of Plasmir (N-luminous)?3H tritium gas light (within safety standard value)
? Size: ?39.9mm, 15.5mm thick (2 counter), 16.5mm thick (3 counter)
? Waterproof performance: 100m
? Belt: the purveyor to the Royal Household; hand stitched Connolly leather belt
? BOX: African zebra wood
? 1-year warranty

The 3-Register version uses a Valjoux 7750 variany that's in the Tri-Compax layout...

When I see this watch and look at a vintage Camaro, I ask my self... Why didn't/doesn't TAG-Heuer make one of these as the Classic version of the Camero?

What do you all think? I think that at a price under $1000 this is a watch I want to add to my collection!

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE