The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: orange dial heuer auto questions

hi Jim, i've got an almost identical watch to yours. Your case back number is 12080, mine is 12099 (with 844). Mine also has a Heuer signed rotor and the same bezel without the inner ring. The only difference is that my dial does have Made in France on it. I also have an ebay Made in France which is a different shade of orange, it is a darker orange. I also have a 844 Monnin quartz which doesn't have Made in France on the dial although i have seen some that do. My understand of the 844 Monnin is that they were just a prototype test bed for Heuer and consequently there is a number of slightly different variations. Cheers Nick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE