The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Looks Like a Bargain at $6,000
In Response To: Looks Like a Bargain at $6,000 ()

I agree the price is a fair.
If you can live with that case like Jeff says.
I am sure I couldn't. Of course we know the guys that can do miracles with a case.
But it will take time and a bit of money.
The biggest issue for me would be the bezel I think. If you have the case refurbished you also need a mint or much better bezel.
And these 1163 GMT bezels are crazy expensive. And hard to find. Then there is the pusher, maybe a service and you get a watch that isn't that cheap anymore.
So for me it's not a true no-brainer. The seller priced it so well it's a tough choice.
Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Good luck.
B

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE