The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Eric Wind's Comment on Instagram

I agree with Eric on what he says about the prices that went up too fast.
All the rest about the auctions and the parade is not the essence. It's a small detail.
Prices go up and prices go down. You have speculators entering the market and you have speculators leaving the market.
It can make the market behave very volatile from time to time.
You can perfectly compare with the stock market, the market for classic cars etc....
I always like to think back to what we saw in the stock market in 2008. Pure horror, blood in the streets.
Where are we now, even after the recent drop?
Don't think in terms of one year, think in terms of 10 years. Did Heuer do so badly in a timeframe of 10 years?
I really don't think so. I'd wish I was there 10 years ago. I wasn't but I was there 5 years ago and things aren't that bad at all if I am honest.
Quality always comes back. It's like that in the stock market, it's like that in the classic cars market, it's like that in the vintage watches market.
Two years ago I thought Rolex was going nowhere. Look where we are today.
With Heuer you have quality, fantastic history, extremely small production numbers etc....
It's just a question of time. And passion. Suppose you bought a watch you really like. What can be wrong about that? You just keep enjoying it a bit longer while the market is in a correction.
Just my opinion of course.
B

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE