The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great point at the end

: It's just a question of time. And passion. Suppose you bought a
: watch you really like. What can be wrong about that? You just
: keep enjoying it a bit longer while the market is in a
: correction.
: Just my opinion of course.
: B

This gets to the heart of the matter - if a collector genuinely loves Heuer, short-term fluctuations shouldn't matter. That's not to mean that paying attention to value isn't important, as anything with a five-figure purchase price should be carefully considered from a "capital preservation" standpoint, but if you're a passionate enthusiast, who cares what the peanut gallery thinks? I've personally used this "dip" to add my two favorite Carreras (the NST and the SN) and I couldn't be happier.

Find what you like (in my case, 1960's Carreras) and if you truly like it, you won't need to be eyeing the emergency exit the entire time it's in your watch box.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE