The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Am I the only one who thinks...

that the current TAG Monza looks closer to the origianl 1960's Heuer Camaro than anything else so far?

As far the ROCK watch I can only say that they hit it dead on and completely missed me in doing so. I don't doubt the quality of the piece but they nailed the Panerai "knock-off" look and that's where my tastes differ from many others. The Panerai look/brand is something I don't care for and probably never will. Different flavors for different folks you know.

On the other topic I could not be more in agreement with Chuck on the idea of ditching the DD piggy-back chrono module and going with the modified Val. 7750 in tri-compax layout. My 2005 Breitling Navitimer has this (with date no less) and it is one magnificent beast. Put this engine in a Carrera reissue with that beautiful MOP dial and I will be the first in line!!

Best,
Mike

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE