The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You're not alone...

Am I the only one who thinks... Posted By: MAWhite Date: 6/10/05 17:24 GMT

In Response To: However, what this illustrates to me is... (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

that the current TAG Monza looks closer to the origianl 1960's Heuer Camaro than anything else so far?

You're not alone... While the new Monza is a completely new design (a CINO: Classic in Name only), of the originals the Camaro is it's closest match.

As far the ROCK watch I can only say that they hit it dead on and completely missed me in doing so. I don't doubt the quality of the piece but they nailed the Panerai "knock-off" look and that's where my tastes differ from many others. The Panerai look/brand is something I don't care for and probably never will. Different flavors for different folks you know.

My interest is all Bill Sohne's fault. When he visited Chicago in September 2001 we stopped at a CD Peacock and he looked at Panerai's... He early bought one then, but didn't. The next time he was in town, about 16 months ago he was wearing the R*X*W MM20. A $4000 Panerai didn't interest me, but I really liked the $1000 R*X*W. I won't ever need to buy a Panerai, but I do like this other R*X*W.

On the other topic I could not be more in agreement with Chuck on the idea of ditching the DD piggy-back chrono module and going with the modified Val. 7750 in tri-compax layout. My 2005 Breitling Navitimer has this (with date no less) and it is one magnificent beast. Put this engine in a Carrera reissue with that beautiful MOP dial and I will be the first in line!!

I mean, if they aren't going to put a Cal. 36 or a HW movement in the Carrera, use a 7750 variant!

Best,

Mike

Cheers, Mike!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE