The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Interesting Posting by Wei Koh

Wei Koh founded both Revolution and The Rake, and he is one of the driving forces behind today's watch and fashion industries.

Here is his Instagram posting from this morning.

20 days ago in Florence for #pittiuomo image by the excellent @al.photographers

And the following is from my founders note for @revolution.watch for the march issue I’ve just written...

Someone needs to do a study on the long-term psychological effects of constant, non-stop, out there in the wind, transcontinental travel. Because it’s hard to describe the bizarre soul-crushing loneliness that emerges from the depths of your soul.

Yet at the same time all you long for is a day devoid of contact with all of humanity, a twenty-four-hour reprieve from having to be charming, witty and smart and can just revel in your own mediocrity while sat in a dark room, eating a tub of popcorn the size of a child’s bathtub and surrendering yourself to the easy emotional manipulation of Hollywood.

It is in this state after close to a month on the road, after the men’s wear trade show known as Pitti Uomo, after Milan fashion week, after the Salon International de la Haute Hologerie in Geneva, after a visit to Patek Philippe, after a trip to Omega’s HQ in Bienne, after a week in London reviewing the e commerce performance of The Rake, after innumerable dinners hosting denizens of the fashion and watch world, after countless events, handshakes, smiles, and a seemingly ceaseless series of conversations I find myself physical destroyed and mentally annihilated in a hotel room at five o clock in the morning. And of course I am unable to sleep because I am so tired that I simply can’t.

It is in this state that I now pen the founder’s note of this magazine. And if I err a bit too much toward frankness and take you too easily into my confidence it is because I can do nothing else at this point but tell you the truth... There has never been a more exciting time in the watch business simply because no one has total clarity as to what the future holds. But what is clear if you are not out there in the wind, the first one on the scene, working your ass off trying everything and anything despite the occasional existential melt-down in your hotel room, you will be left quickly and inexorably behind.

We think of the world of watch journalism as glitz and glamour . . . yes, it has that, but it's also hard work for the guys like Wei, who are at the top of the field.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE