The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Regarding Omega Forums...
In Response To: Regarding Omega Forums... ()

: ...they now have a 200 post requirement before you can place a
: sales ad >:(

: I believe Chronotrader can become a safe place if we all become
: policemen. For instance Justin B often calls out sellers for not
: including tagged photos.

I believe it is a perfectly safe environment as long as one is even the least bit diligent and REALISTIC about what they are buying. If you want a “great deal” I wouldn’t expect it to happen on a largely enthusiast-oriented forum such as this where the actual legitimate members know what they are dealing with.

Simple rules apply here:

If it’s too good to be true, it is simply that, too good to be true.

I enjoy the banter we have and seeing all the members bring to this community. I’ve largely stepped back from requesting tagged pics unless it’s a more sophisticated scam (I use sophisticated in the most general send of the word). If someone is listing a Patek or something of that ilk I don’t waste my time. Same goes with Rolex for that matter as I would only entertain buying from a reputable person AND verify by well-known and correct means of contact (making sure it’s not a very similar email to legitimate member).

Some may see this forum (Chronotrader) as a place for scammers but honestly I kind of enjoy the lack of certain rules and whatnot like some other forums. Just make sure your a$$ is covered and have fun out there.

HAGWE

Justin B

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE