The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:FS: Universal Geneve Lip Polerouter Electric new price
In Response To: Re: Regarding Omega Forums... ()

As far as your latest question, has someone commented on something you've posted, or is it a general concern of not being critiqued? Just curious...
From my experience, people genuinely like preserved items, NOS or near mint, well priced & rare quality... Something worth keeping in the community.
The "community" works if there is a gain & it's beneficial. It is a passion we share and hopefully a profit.
Sedately we buy something overpriced if we've been losing sleep for or underpriced anxiously before somebody else does.
At the end of the day if you are posting with no results, then you will eventually stop or reevaluate your price, description & pictures.
And if you have successful transactions you might post more often regardless of the guidelines.

Regarding the initial thread, it is great to have dialogue, what is permitted or even accepted in the guidelines is always a topic worth discussing.
However, along the years Ive noticed spammy posts of the same accessories which frustrates me the most.
Regardless, frequenting often & sifting through mass posts seems like the only glimmer of hope one might have to make a purchase or at least the illusion of it.
At this point I don't mind seeing anything and sure the scammers are getting wiser but hopefully still one step behind most that still consider this a community.

As far as you being hacked, I'm sorry you had to experience that but as Jeff pointed out anyone with two cents should be safe.
If something is too good to be true then it should be from someone you can exhaust and if they aren't willing to compromise then it was a scam.
On that notion I doubt anyone has been shunned for listing a datejust unless it was that grey market vibe.

Cheers,
M

So types of items you can post here are timepieces with:
chronograph or stopwatch functions
tachymetre, diver's, sliderule or other types of time or math calculation bezels
multi-time zone abilities
COSC-certified QUARTZ movements, marine chronometers and other ultra-precision movements
cases designed for water resistance of greater than 100 meters or highly magnetic environments
chronographs or chronometers designed to mount in a moving vehicle, such as a car or boat

: As I posted recently, someone hacked my 14 year long account here
: and I did not notice because I was an infrequent poster.
: This individual wanted to add credibility to their fraudulent posts
: by assuming my user name. He established a different e-mail
: account but one using afinewatch.
: He was contacted about the $28,000 Patek Philippe he was trying to
: "sell" here. All his information is now known and he
: was warned to cease and desist posting under this name anywhere
: or the authorities would be notified.
: So to be safe I would suggest any buyer here to run a search for
: the seller's user name and all their posts will come up in the
: search. Make sure old and new posts have the same e-mail
: address. I think Jeff is right in saying it is the
: responsibility of the parties to a deal to make sure everything
: goes smooth, not the forum owner's.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE