The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It worked for the Carrera...

...but then there was historic precedence for that, albeit fairly limited and late in the original Carrera's day. A strong case shape and clear dial and I can get behind a three (or four, for the GMTs) hand Carrera. Much more so, in fact, than I can get behind a Carrera with external bezel or skeleton dial.

But that same historical precedence isn't there for a three hand Autavia. It's typically been a bit more traditional than the Carrera and other models, although towards the end of its original lifetime it did receive some more daring features, like the PVD models.

I can maybe see it working best with an additional complication, specifically thinking about GMT. I could see that being an attractive watch, less thick than the current Autavia chronograph movement.

And it's only a certain subgroup of collectors (namely, us) who look for everything new to be validated by the past. TAG Heuer aren't just catering for us, even though they like to throw us the odd knowing wink.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE