The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: It's Here -- The Three-Handed Autavia (New Isograph Mode

Interesting article Jeff and appreciate your insight.

Mixed feelings from me. Very first impression-THAT'S NOT AN AUTAVIA!!! (this is my lasting feeling too-there is plenty of Aviation there, but where's the Automotive?)

I didn't like it at all on first look.....and I never expected to-I am biased against anything 'heritage' and non-vintage though. So I looked again and after viewing multiple images I started picking up on the design details that I actually quite like. Yes, the Flieger/Bund numerals are very nice, along with the Bund second hand. The sweeping lugs I like and the dashboard crown is a nice touch also. Overall, It looks well balanced and a nicely laid out dial.I guess I could get used to those hands.

It's not an Autavia and (in my opinion) doesn't justify having the name on the dial. That aside and on it's own merits, I think I'd really quite like wearing one of these. I'm sure there are many legitimate costings and reasons behind the MSRP, but I won't be paying $3500-4000 for one no matter what those reasons are I'm afraid.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE