The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hamilton Intra-Matic Auto Chrono added to collection

Well, I finally couldn't resist. My second visit to "Time to Fly", the watch boutique at the Philadelphia International Airport resulted in a new watch. I have a collection of old Hamilton dress watches (which I rarely wear) and have always wanted a nice Hamilton chronograph to add to my watch rotation. I do have a Hamilton blue dial Chrono-Matic 11002-3 from around 1970, with Caliber 11 or 12 but it's just too small for me to wear regularly. I prefer my Heuer silver/orange 11630 and Breitling Navitimers due to the larger size, for everyday wear. However, like Breitling's great new re-issue, the 806 1959 Navitimer, Hamilton did an awesome job back last Fall in introducing the vintage inspired Intra-Matic Auto Chrono. During my run between flights in Philly, I simply couldn't resist this model under glass at Time to Fly. At 40mm it is well proportioned and simply looks way better than it's $2195 list price would suggest. Dual AR coating on the sapphire crystal, 60 hour power reserve using an ETA 7753 variant, too. I bought this one day before learning about Breitling's 806 re-issue but for the money, I'm pretty happy and will forego the Breitling temptation. I put a Tropic Sport band on the watch, replacing the okay but plain black leather strap the Hamilton comes with. Slight optical illusion as my picture makes the watch look bigger on my wrist than it actually is. Let me know if the photobucket image doesn't open.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE