The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Itika / LeJour / Heuer -- What was the Relationship?

I will try to write more later, but toward the mid-to-late 1970s we definitely see some connections between LeJour / Itika / Heuer.

Among other things, we see:

• The "Big Three" Heuer models (Autavia; Carrera and Monaco) appearing as Itika watches, with no Heuer markings
  • LeJour chronographs with cases and movements marked Itika
  • Heuer 1970s chronographs (for example, the Reference 12 and the Reference 741-1) appearing as Itika watches, with no Heuer markings

I believe that we can assume that Heuer made the Autavia / Carrera / Monaco models, but I'm curious about the Reference 12 and 741-1 models. Did Heuer even make the ones marked Heuer or did another company make all these watches (for Heuer, LeJour and Itika)??

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Jeff, I recall seeing this on a '70s Carrera too-found it on
: this iffy website-

:
: http://chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=80322

: It seems there is some connection with Le Jour and has been
: suggested they were the US importer for Le Jour in the 70/80s
: (at least)-having signed the movements and inside of casebacks
: for some Le Jour 'Pasadenas' etc

: Best,
: Steve

: :

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE