The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seems Unlikely that TAG Heuer Would Have Added this Number
In Response To: Re: Both options realistic ()

We can try to find out with certainty from TAG Heuer, but my initial reaction is that it seems unlikely that TAG Heuer would have used this as a service case and marked this serial number to correspond to the number on the original case that was being replaced. Anything is possible, but I have never heard of this practice (and it seems like we would have heard about this, if it were occurring with any regularity).

Supposedly, there were some fake Monaco cases going around, maybe five or six years ago, which did not have any serial numbers. I would be worried that someone has taken one of these fake (reproduction) cases and added this number by a modern laser / engraving method.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Fabrizio
: good to hear from you, thanks for your thoughts
: Perhaps Catherine has an idea...
: all the best
: ciao

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE