The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Seems Unlikely that TAG Heuer Would Have Added this Numb

Hi,

some hints points to an hungarien guy who had offered these cases. ??
Has anyone such a case?
Does anyone have some further facts how to spot those cases.
What are the differences, that would be a useful help for spotting those fakes.

to built such good cases must have been a great effort , so very similar to those a complete factory had done.
Not to forget the case back, the engraving on the back, the closing mechanism, the many details, the surface design and at the end it funktions...
In my belief this must be very expensive for perhaps a dozen cases, is there a profit? ...material, mechanizing...
Why there is no maintained supply.
even if someone got original tools. But I am not familiar with these things.
Is it possible for a single mechanist to create them? Or did they come from the original factory using some dark ways.

I remember , several ( 10 ? ) cases come into the market via ebay .
wasn't there a post Rich metioned these cases years ago?

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=50757

in my eyes the most likely theorie is a remaining stock of the company Pickarez had found the way to Hungary?
Or are there the differences which I do not see?

Differences spotted until now:
1.) one aspect seems to be the missing serial number.
2.) ....

or in addition, the later laser etching makes it easier to find it,
because I do not believe, if someone is able to built up such a case, he is able to do a better engraving.

what do the experts think?

Cheers
Mich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE