The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Appears to be Authentic / Circa 1984

Yes, this one appears to be an authentic "Golden Hours" re-issue from the mid-1980s. Shown below is the image from the 1984 catalog.

I'm not sure whether or not the movement should be signed, but it's hard to imagine any mischief occurring with respect to this watch. And if TAG Heuer was using left-over movements from the 1950s models, it might make sense for them not to be signed.

In terms of the value, my guess would be something in the $8,000 range, with the caveat that I do not actively follow the market for these watches.

Nice watch!! Enjoy it!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: My grandfather bought this watch from Tourneau in the late 80s
: early 90s

: He recently found it and asked my opinion. I opened it and the
: movement and case is unsigned. The dial looks great but I want
: more opinions. It is likely reference 721.508. I’m thinking
: maybe the bridge got swapped or maybe this is correct? He’s
: also curious about value which I found hard to pin down, ranging
: from 6k-35k

: Thanks, Mike

:
:
:

Messages In This Thread

Heuer golden hours moon question
Appears to be Authentic / Circa 1984
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE