The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Camaro 12 *PIC*
In Response To: Camaro 12 *PIC* ()

: Sometime last year I was in need of cash...

You were, in other words, strapped!
Sorry.

Here's my Camaro and a little story.

My wife, who knows style when she sees it -- alas -- bought this for me a long while ago. I only realized what it was in the last two years, and gleaned first info from this group.

But it was a rocky start. I posted a pic asking about my Camaro, and one of the Forum Elders, perhaps jaded from sales hacks and scammers, was rather... uninviting.

Unfortunately someone with an agenda and a fresh mouth added a scathing post in reaction and this particular Don thought it was me. I still claim my innocence in the matter.

But anyway, he'd asked a trenchant question of me, if rather wearily: "What did I hope to learn here."

Well, I'll tell you.

I learned the age, movement, style, and how the Camaros were made and marketed. I searched out more info, became more interested, went online and bought a 60s style perforated strap with a nice deployment clasp.

When it's too hot to wear a heavy watch like my Daniel JeanRichard 43mm Chronoscope, I go for the elegance of this minor classic.

The more I learned, the more interested I became, and while informed but far from an expert, I enjoy owning it now and take pleasure in showing it others.

All that from one feint to my vitals here on OTD! So I learned more than I'd bargained for, and it's all been extremely enjoyable.
Ah, I feel better now!
Best to all,
J-10

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE