The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Great stuff! Different brand for different cockpits here...

Hi Jeff, thanks for this very neat summary - sooner or later I'll have to get me a Master Time, so clean and beautiful, the real utilitarian clock. I can easily see why you started from there and return from time to time.
I myself have been a fan of cockpit clocks for a while, but aircraft / helicopter ones rather than rallye cars - and of a different brand, Revue Thommen (although most of them are simply labelled Thommen on the dial if at all).
These are great pieces and most of them can really be very good value for money, with a few hundreds euros typically enough to badge a nice time-only cockpit clock.

I really love the no-nonsense, uncluttered dial and of course as a Lemania 5100 nut, I could not avoid falling for the chronos which have both minute and second chrono hands mounted on the central pinion, just like my favourite watch movement. Here are a couple, the first one with its wristwatch sibling, aptly a L5100 Revue Thommen wrist chronograph.

This dial layout in turn brought me to get a Sinn 756 first and then, after selling that, its larger sibling 757 - I highly recommend both if you want a really indestructible, go-anywhere-anytime chrono.
This is the crown jewel of my very small collection, the chrono one with a 12-hour counter that I got at a real bargain price from a Dutch gentleman who was selling off his collection.

And finally here's the picture of what used to be the full family - before a couple left for other destinations: gone but not forgotten!

I hope you can enjoy this, and if you're into watches with a military / space / aviation connection, these are great additions at a very small fraction of what a wrist chrono would cost you.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE