The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Orange Boy - Serial Number

Hello Heuer fellows,

Based on Rich C. and Paul G. book Heuer Autavia, Orange Boy black dial SN should be 241, 242 and 243.
Mine is 242xxx with 2 arrows and the c-number (from Cuanillon distributor) on the caseback, powered by a Cal-12 and with GF stamped 1/71 and sold on the Swiss market.
However, I have noticed recently quite a few Orange Boy with SN as 203/ 204/ 205 and also 223/ 224.
What are they: a put-together watch? or legit?
If legit, does it mean these Orange Boy have been produced earlier than the 241-243 batch? and sold before?
What about the caliber inside these Orange Boy? Seem to be powered by Cal-11 or Cal-11i?
Thanks,

Antoine (ig: watch__ever)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE