The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bamford understands moder watches?

I have to agree with Henrik the Skipaco (please let it not become a thing) is a disaster design. There is not link between the Monaco and the Skipper so way try squeeze them together. Plus its ugly.

But having said that I have seen a few Bamford designs that I think were really excellent - they did a subdued modern Monza rework which was excellent and their black and orange Monaco was understated and better, in my opinion, than some of the TAG Heuer designs.

Having said that there are a lot of ugly ones as well! I think maybe they understand modern watches but have no feeling for vintage watches and for the subtlety of the vintage watches....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE