The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Looking for help finding this model of Heuer timer *PIC*

Hello,
First of all, I am very new to using discussion forums so please let me know if there is something inappropriate in my post here.

I came across OnTheDash's blog post related to the history of Heuer's Yacht Timers while searching for a model of Heuer stopwatch/timer that I found in a movie.
I am an avid fan of this particular film and I just got very curious as to exactly which model of Heuer stopwatch this is.
However, perhaps due to my lack of sufficient knowledge on Heuer stopwatches, my search has met a dead end.
I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me find out which model this watch is.

This particular stopwatch seemed peculiar to me at first because the numbers on the dial were reverse, so I started my search from there.
Multiple screenshots have shown that it's definitely a Heuer watch, so I thought the search would be easy (my, I was wrong).
I went through some pages and found out that it's most likely a Yacht timer because as far as my searches went, that type of timer was the only one whose dial was backwards.
I also think this model is vintage because Heuer watches from the 70s and the 80s seem to be of similar design.
(In case the image is a little blurry, the watch has a Heuer logo on the top half and "1/5 sec" written on the bottom half.)

I'm still not 100% sure it's a yacht timer though... Any clues from watch experts here would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading this!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE