The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monza Racing Mate
In Response To: Heuer Monza Racing Mate *PIC* ()

Hi Corey, a rare and always interesting Monza!

Bernard did have one of these I recall so hopefully that link answers your 'Racing Mate' question.

In answer to the others, there is no quick-set date function so don't pull any harder! Move the hands around to 12 o'clock-if the date changes that is midnight, if not that is noon. You can advance the date by moving between 10 and 12 o'clock in a similar way to a calibre 12.

It can be wound manually-best thing to do is turn it upside down so the crown is on the right-hand side, then wind it clockwise/up, like you would any 'normal' watch.

Hope that helps and enjoy it!

Best,
Steve

: Hello everyone,

: I recently purchased a Heuer Monza with a Racing Mate dial. I have
: a few questions if anyone can help out.

: 1. Does the caliber 15 movement have a quick set date? I pulled the
: crown the first position and it changed the time. I'm afraid to
: pull too hard trying to get into the second postion if there
: isn't a quick set for date.

: 2. Can the caliber 15 movement be manually wound to get it going?

: 3. Anyone know what racing mate means or how many were made?

: Thank you in advance,
: Corey

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE