The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A start...
In Response To: Heuer 2000 Quartz Chronograph ()

So, I know it has a "Quartz" movement so I anticipate it is somewhat out of favor among this crowd ...

Out of favor? Ok, I can see that. I own a couple of Heuer and TAG-Heuer models using this movement, so I don't really have anything against it, but I'd prefer an Automatic model personally. When I started collecting I was much less biased against the Quartz but a preference for things mechanical soon grew and flourished.

... but it is a very cool model which is hardly ever seen up for sale.

I know I haven't seen many of these listed. In fact I've probably seen lest than a half a dozen in nearly five years of serious collecting.

I don't know much about these movements so is there anyone out there that can help fill in the details?

This movement should be the same as used in the Heuer and TAG-Heuer Pilot's models of the 1982-1996 epoch...

I can offer you two catalog's on the topic one in a decidedly German flavor: Die Quartz Chronographen - TAG-Heuer the other in a French flavor: Les Chronographes à Quartz - TAG-Heuer. I find it very interesting that this quartz chronograph purports to have 20 Jewels, which is a very high count for a Quartz watch. In fact that Jewel count is higher than many renown chronograph movements, including the Valjoux 72, early editions of the 7750, Lemania c.321, 1873 and 5100.

I like it alot and will probably wear it often as I think it will be very sturdy. This makes a great addition to my other Heuers and chronographs.

I couldn't argue with that. Some patina is fine, and in fact it does allow you to wear a watch without the fear of putting the first blemish on it.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE