The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Stopwatch

I hope you guys can help... My father recently passed away and I was left a stopwatch from his younger days as a swimmer. I am trying to get some history and a valuation on it for insurance purposes. I am trying to get a picture but here is all the details I can provide currently:
Stainless Steel(?) Casing
White face with 30 second counter
15 minute central dial just above the center. The 15 minute dial (smaller) does not occlude the top 30 second number at the top.
Both the 30 and the 15 in both the inner and outer dials are red and of a larger font.
1/10 of a second intervals as markers.
Heuer logo in the lower 3/4 of the front of the dial.
the "second" hand is a deep blue while the "minute" hand is a deep green colour.
Case S/N 898744 Movement S/N 892871
Single push to start, single push to stop, then single push to reset.

Movement marked with Heuer Logo and
ED. HEUER & Co

SWISS

And it has 7 Jewels.

No other distinguishing Features.

Basically I'm just looking for some information about it. I gather it was passed ot him as a child from his mother and it "may" have belonged to his father. He recently died unexpoectedly and thus I cannot get any more information than this. Any sources I can find or infortion you can pass would very greatfully accepted.

Thank You,

Tom Roberts

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Stopwatch
Re: Heuer Stopwatch
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE