The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: experiences with Heuer Bund 3H chrono?

"how do you guys like this watch?"

i like mine quite a bit even though it's a little too large for daily wear, for my wrist size. 43mm, but wears quite large, imho.

"how reliable is the movement?"

so far so good...mine keeps acceptable time maybe 8 seconds fast. seems to be tough enough...although i've only had it for a couple of months, so it's a little early to tell just yet.

"any unusual problems associated with this watch?"

none that i know of? seeing how it was a miltiary issue, i'm thinking it should be able to handle whatever within reason. i could be speaking out of turn, but i wouldn't think there should be any issues with it, that aren't managable?

"also what is the lug width...for day to day use, i don't think i'll be using the bund strap...more than likely going to put a Zulu strap on it?"

20mm i believe? i haven't changed straps yet, so i never bothered to look, but i'm about 70% sure it's 20mm...i'll try to check tonight and verify for you.

i prefer it on a standard strap. personally i think the bund strap looks silly and awkward.... i can appreciate though why people like them, but myself, no.

"thanks for your imput"

good luck on the hunt!

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE