The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not as brown as I thought, the Autavia GMT...

You may remember my post of sometime ago, in which I showed you a nice Autavia GMT with a dark brown dial.
I just came back from Manila, The Philippines, where I picked up the watch. I'm convinced now that the dial must be an original black, but faded due to (UV) light. As a matter of fact, although it's unmistakably brown, it's a lot closer to black then it appeared in the original picture. And the rest of the watch is in a really nice condition. I'm specially happy with the bezel insert, that's close to perfect.
The colours a hard to capture correctly. The hands are a brighter red then they appear in the picture, and the bezel's red and blue are somewhat paler then they appear in the picture. It really looks better still 'live'.
I put it on the original Heuer bracelet from my other Autavia.

and finally a family picture. I own only three Heuer's, but they are some of the nicest IMO, and I was very lucky with all three of them.
The Carrera was offered to me by someone that stumbled across my website, in a non working condition. The repair proved minor, and it was otherwise in a great condition. I had it fully serviced anyhow.
The Autavia was also offered to me from a gentleman in Manila that I bought a watch from once before, and I picked it up last week.
The Bund SZ I bought from Ebay Germany, believing it to be a regular version. It is really an SZ, without the Sternzeit print on the dial. A regular visitor of the forum I moderate send me the astro navigation kit as a gift. And someone else well know in the watch community is trying to find me a dial with the correct print.
Heuer and it's friends have been really good to me.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE