The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Here is the info on the 1000m (lots of PHOTOS)

Sorry for the double post, but it's a heavy case watch very similar in appearance to the Spirotechnique 200m automatic. I bought one new in 1986 for around $300 I think, and at the time it was my understanding the Spirotechnique "look alike" with the automatic ETA 17 oir 25 jewel movement (they offered both, depending on the year) cost about $1000 more than the quartz version.

The image with the blue band is the 1000m. The black band is the Spiro, you can see the obvious similarities. Both are GREAT watches, I wore my quartz from 1986 to 2004 when a pin failed and I lost the watch and didn't know it fell off due to the physical activity at the time, sadly. I looked and looked for it, but never found it, so I embarked on a worldwide search for a replacement, and became aware of the Spirotechnique line, etc.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is one of mine, with a replacement non sapphire crystal, which I will have replaced. It gives a good view of the dial face.

Here is a side view, comparing the 1000m with the Spirotechnique automatic watch. Quartz is blue band, Spiro has the black band.

1000m and Spiro side by side.

Back view side by side

face to face view

close up view of a Spiro

One of my Spirotechniques with a black Ridgo deployment band.

Hope this helps clear up what the 1000m is. It's a big heavy case with their classic dial face, and the cool 4-oclock protected crown, but with a lower cost quartz movement. All said and done, I'd still be wearing mine with great pride if I had not lost it.

regards, Pregards, P

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE