The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Italian Navy Version

I purchased one of these 1000m divers from a collector in Italy, with certification that it was issued to the Italian Navy. It's a pre-TAG "true Heuer", with a perfect dial face and perfect crystal. I'll post a photo of that one as soon as I can photograph it and get it uploaded, as I think it would be nice to have a photo of this kind out there in the public domain for comparison and historic purposes.

Does anyone know how long Heuer produced this watch? It was obviously in production before TAG came along.

Also, I recently acquired 2 good looking Heuer duvers, one auto and one quartz, but they are with the more typical crown at the 3-oclock position (actually built by Monnin in France, under license from Heuer) see photo below.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

this is the quartz version, and the auto is identical for all practical purposes. This is, however, probably at the onset of the Heuer invlvoement with quartz watches, so it's an early one, perhaps 1980 or older??? Anyone know for sure when Heuer started with the quartz watch line?

I understand Heuer had Monnin build this one for them, because they didn't think the dive watch market would be very strong, and they decided to outsource production of this particular watch at the time. Later, as we all know, they got into the dive watch business and sold a bunch of em.

regards, P

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE