The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Age and Price
In Response To: Age and Price ()

:
: These spanned a few years, but 1960 would
: likely be around the mid-point of the range.
: Average price would be in the $800 to $1200
: range, depending on cosmetic and mechanical
: condition, and whether it is with the
: original case.

: Finding them?? Now that's the tough part. You
: might want to post a Want To Buy notice on
: ChronoTrader. Keep an eye on ebay as well,
: as the retired rallyists (or their children
: or grandchildren) may occasionally sell off
: their gear.

: Good luck with the search and let us know if
: you are successful.

: Thanks for the message.

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Folks;
I would like to add, Maybe its posted in cataloges on the site. I looked quickly in my stock But all I seem to have out is old Bri. cataloges

I have quite a few of these modle.
Here is the info that maybe of help or I could have it backwords.

I only have 3 with out the the red outer and a 3 with red that have cases, and two with out cases.

I think red dialed where latter modles. and the black dialed where the 1st ones in the above time. Maybe one of you moder brian guys can check it out and if I find it I will post also.

I know My red ones are from 66-68. and the black are earler.
But I bet you have the info somewhere .
and about buying one I bought a bunch of Heuers from a nice felleow In the mother land Look at posts from last april in for sale. He was closer to $500.00 us for the splits and 350.00 for non splits. and hes a nice guy. But I have heard he may have razed his prices if you only buy 1 iteam at a time.
Otherwize the sky is the limit! there nice. But if you want a fast beet split timer movement check out the next modle In 2 tome case Black & silver Fast beat and thay are nice again the same prices .

and if you really like them You cant Beat the Omega splits Very nice and the crystals are not plastic like the Heuers and are anti reflictive. and then there the stunning splits Longines there OWN MOVEMENTS not meny out there.

I am computer iliterate and have too much problems posting photos. But if you email me I will gladly send off photos to you
Take care and Nomatter how much you pay you will enjoy any of these just holding them is fantastic. One thing I would make sure of is that the splits line up exactaly. If a bad watchmaker has pend on the the spit hands its almost impossible to get the bottom and the tope of the indicater exact.

Remember on something this rare (Split timers) to make, that you will not pay to much Just maybe bought it to soon.
Enjoy.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE