The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Photograph and an Estimate of Market Value

Posted below is the photo that Benji sent to me.

I would put the value in the $2500 to $3200 range, based on the following:

• big plus for the original double box (very rare) and instructions

• big plus for being original pair, not put together, on original back-plate (I assume)

• deduct for cost of servicing / overhaul -- $300 to $500 for the pair, including the new crystals

• deduct for what appears to be discoloration of the hour disc on the Monte Carlo and some relatively minor discoloration of the luminous markings

I use a broad range in the estimate, because the market for these pairs can be a little "thin" and has been difficult to predict.

Thanks for your message and the photos.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: hi, i have a dash mounted early rally master
: (standard version) and heuer master time
: monte carlo stop watch. i just want to have
: an idea on what the prices are. the
: condition of both pieces are excellent with
: the exception of the clock's lens that has a
: small crack at the lower portion of it. both
: are fully functional and in superb and
: unrestored condition. pls. email me at
: benjoys02@yahoo.com so i can send you
: pictures.
: thanks!
: benji

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE