The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Of Screen Snaps, LeMans, LCD's and LED's...

Ouups...haven't quite got the hang of this yet!!

Thanks Chuck for your adice...I found my VHS of Le Mans & watched half of it this evening b4 I went out...I grabbed it off French TV a few years ago....there's not too much dialogue so the dubbed version is OK...just wondering if the price of brown 911s on Belgian plates is going to go stratospheric...there isn't much else in the movie that hasn't already gone that way ;-)

I haven't checked out the movie on the internet but I think McQueen was an enrant in '73, or around then, & had cameras on the car during the race...If I rember correctly the "camera car" had,amazingly enough, a very respectable finish position. It's a long time since I've seen the movie...it's in the VHS machine now so probably won't write much more 'cos I want to see the rest of it :-)

As for racing car movies I would rate Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix" as my favourie..I've got in on LaserDisc...ouups we all make mistakes!

Cheers,

Adrian.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE