The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I try… Unfortunately don't know much about 45's…

Re: 2-Registers aren't as desirable as 3-Register' Posted By: David Callaghan Date: 7/28/05 20:19 GMT

In Response To: 2-Registers aren't as desirable as 3-Register's... (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

Hi Chuck

Thanks for your reply - it was very helpful.

Thank you, I try!

Note: This is going to be a combined reply from David's post (within this thread) and the email he sent me (with scans)...

My watch has a black dial and white subs. I have seen a 60's magazine ad which refers to the watch as thje Autavia 45. I'm not able to post pics on the forum but will send some to you by e-mail. I would appreciate if you can verify the model from your expertise.

Thanks again for you info. on the forum. Knowing more about this watch really interest me. If there is any more info. you can give me from your experience I would appreciate it .

First, here are your photos for all to see:

The watch was my first "good" watch buy in 1968 when I moved from England to Toronto Canada. I bought it in Toronto for $250 Cdn. I could not afford the 3 sub reg version. I wore it daily for 17 years and the wear shows. I have kept it wound, adjusted and cleaned since even though I did not wear it.

Attached are some pics.

I have the original red Heuer box but no instruction manual.

Looking at the Chronograph Reference Table on the On the Dash Forum the watch appears to be ref 3646 2nd execution case 1968/1969.

I would tend to agree. Although I can't share any personal insight (because I really don't have any, if you look at the Chronograph Reference Table, you'll see that it mentions the 68/69 catalog. I'm pretty sure it's pictured in it, but I am not sure it that's one Jeff has or if I have it. I'll try to go through my stuff over the weekend. Post a message or email me Monday to remind me and if I have it I'll scan in the appropriate pages.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE