The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
TAG-Heuer Silverstone Limited Edition: Wore It / Loved It !

One of the highlights of my visit with TAG-Heuer US headquarters last week was seeing and even wearing the new Silverstone Limited Edition chronograph. Shown below are my photos of the watch that I actually wore. [sorry about the poor quality of the photos; handheld watch and camera, in a dark restaurant.]

A couple of quick impressions:

• They got the proportions right: compared with the original Silverstones from the 1970's, the new one looks right; some of the re-issues appear to have slightly different geometry, which may make them appear taller, shorter, fatter, thicker, etc. . . . the new Silverstone looks right . . . very close to the original.

• The pushers look good. This has been a criticism on the previous Monaco 40th Anniversary LE re-issue, but these look right. Maybe the highest praise is to say that I didn't really notice them until I remembered to look at them. Yes, they look right on the watch.

• The display back (and the back itself) is really good. Some nice decoration on the movement and the display back is fun.

• And speaking of the movement, I understand from my favorite Heuer watchmaker that this one is good; Dubois-Depraz chronograph module on an ETA movement; yes, the D-D chrono module . . . does that bring back memories, or what!!
These are the quick impressions; I only saw the blue version (they did not have the Fume (brown) one); looks like TAG-Heuer got this one right!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE