The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Not many Jaramas at all - anyone got serials?
In Response To: Only 100 pieces for 110.223! ()

The only ones I have in my list all start with serial 356xxx, so it's possible there are only 1000 total Jaramas of any model. I don't have any watches in 357xxx and there is a gap of 10000+ ahead of 356xxx so the batch could be larger but I don't think it would be much larger really.

It seems to be that early numbers in the batch are 110.223s, then it moves to .245s and finishes with .225s. From the serials I have, it would suggest there are at least 169 .223s but the true number is probably rounder than that.

If there is indeed only this one batch of Jaramas, I'd suggest there were likely to be somewhere between 200 and 300 .223s made. Take into account how many have survived and we're probably not far off your number of 100 or so.

If you're happy to share your other serials, it might help me to draw the lines more tightly ( carrera_table_mm@btinternet.com ). I'd be particularly interested if anyone has a Jarama that doesn't have a serial beginning 356.

Equally, if anyone has any Heuer that helps close that gap between 346xxx and 355xxx, that would be great too. I don't like having gaps that big :) The other one that size is between 226xxx and 236xxx - anyone who can help fill those in will have my eternal gratitude, and a drink at a get together if our paths ever cross!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE