The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
All About the Monacos Worn by Steve McQueen

It was a big day, for those of us who have been tracking the Monacos worn by Steve McQueen, in the movie Le Mans.

The Wall Street has published an article, written by Michael Clerizo -- The Hunt for McQueen's Heuers [PDF].

One of the key elements of his research was the discovery of the invoice under which Heuer-Leonidas shipped 26 chronographs to the property master for the filming of Le Mans, including six Reference 1133B Monacos. I have posted a detailed review of this invoice -- Anatomy of an Invoice -- McQueen's Monacos.

The image shown below summarizes Clerizo's conclusions about the provenance of the six Monacos, shown on this invoice. I expect that some members of our community may challenge his conclusions, or suggest that there were additional Monacos with Le Mans provenance. I created this image to facilitate this discussion.

I look forward to your reactions to these postings, as we continue to learn about these amazing Monacos!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Messages In This Thread

All About the Monacos Worn by Steve McQueen
Re: All About the Monacos Worn by Steve McQueen
Fascinating...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE