The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Breitling -- Has the Formula for Success!!
In Response To: Breitling Co-Pilot 765 Remake? ()

In my humble opinion, right now (February 2019), Breitling:

• has a glorious heritage of fantastic chronographs . . . innovative; beautiful designs; well-made
  • has adopted a strategy of using this heritage portfolio to inspire new models (while also getting rid of some of the awful models that have dominated the Breitling catalog in recent years)
  • is fully engaged in a deep collaboration with its vintage collectors / community
  • is owned by private equity investors, who will act boldly and quickly, to turn the brand around
  • has a CEO who embodies these strategies
  • has an average selling price that will support the production of high quality watches
And it doesn't fit easily into the bullet-style list, but many vintage Breitling chronographs are relatively affordable (compared with many of the Heuers, for example).

A couple of years ago, people were asking me why I had become interested in the vintage Breitlings. Now do you understand?

Don't worry, folks . . . I'm still fully committed to vintage Heuer, but I am definitely enjoying the ride with Breitling . . . or is it the flight?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Some big hints coming from Georges Kern...

:
:

Messages In This Thread

Breitling Co-Pilot 765 Remake?
Breitling -- Has the Formula for Success!!
I agree
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE