The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
5 Options (3 in Metal, 1 Rubber, 1 Nylon)...
In Response To: Pasadena Bracelet. ()

would anyone know where I could get a black anodized or PVD bracelet to go on my anodized Pasadena.

Hello Alitom,

At this point in time, there are really three options to get a Black Anodized, Black PVD, or Black Parkerized bracelet that would go well with a Black PVD Pasadena:

1. Buy one from TAG-Heuer ($270 in 1999, very pricey),
  2. Buy one from Eterna made for their Porsche Design Re-Issue (I don't know the cost).
  3. I know a fellow who has developed a relationship with a local Porsche Dealership in the Greater Los Angeles Metroplex, and he has had Porsche Design watch cases (striped of crystal, movement, bezel, etc) re-PVDed for a reasonable cost (Under $100). I don't know if bracelet's are a possibility or not, but I would be happy to put you two in contact with one another.
  4. Watch eBay and various site's "Sales Corner's". They don't show up often, but you'd be amazed what shows up there if you look hard/long/persistently enough...

There are also decent alternatives:

1. Black Nylon straps (of the NATO-Waterbourne pattern) produce an acceptable look in a pinch.
  2. A gentleman by the name of Ron Sabo who operates as International Watchmen (see graphic below) sells a wonderful heavy black rubber strap of an Rolex Oyster-Jubilee style that works really well with the PVD Pasadena, I have one on my Lederer 510.501 right now. Cost? $10. Contact information for Ron/IW follows:
Ron/IW also carry excellent quality NATO styled nylon straps around the same price. If you call Ron/IW tell him I said "Hi!" and I am looking forward to seeing him at the NAWCC Midwest Regional.

I hope this helps and that you'll report back with what you ended up doing.

Good hunting!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Messages In This Thread

Pasadena Bracelet.
5 Options (3 in Metal, 1 Rubber, 1 Nylon)...
Additional thoughts...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE