The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some quick research reveals...
In Response To: Dumb question. ()

Dumb question. Posted By: Al [Date: 12/21/04 15:50 GMT]

Hi,

Sorry I know it's a TAG, but can anyone tell me if the new model Carrera Chrono (Cal 17 movement I think, the one with the 3 sub dials) has a quick date function? I just bough one and when I pull the crown out the the first position nothing happens, the second position changes the time.

TAG queries are welcomed here...

From TAG-Heuer's site:

Calibre 17

Specifications

Calibre 2894-2 ETA, Swiss Made

Authentic calibre

Diameter 28 mm (12 1/2 ''')

37 jewels

Rapid date correction

Performance

Oscillating balance at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations an hour (4 Hz)

Power reserve: roughly 42 hours

Certification

Also available in certified COSC chronograph version

Display

Chronograph 2/3 timers minutes - hours

Decor

Oscillating weight engraved "TAG Heuer - Calibre 17 - Swiss Made" or

Oscillating weight engraved "TAG Heuer - Calibre 17 - Chronometer Swiss Made"

It would seem so... Doesn't your instruction manual detail it's use? If it doesn't appear to have one then the watch is broken, needs adjustment, or ???

I bought it from Authentic Watches.com as it saved me £700 on the new UK price, but before I go back to them I wanted to check if it's suupose to have a quick set.

I don't know if I'd trust Authentic Watches.com ... I mean they can't even get the base movement for the Calibre 16 correct (They have it listed as a 37 Jewel ETA 2894-2, when it's a 25 Jewel ETA(Valjoux) 7750 clearly listed on tagheuer.com) If they can't get something that simple correct... who knows what else they are making up?

Thanks in advance and merry xmas.

Al.

Wish I was the bearer of happier news...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

Dumb question.
Some quick research reveals...
Re: Some quick research reveals...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE