The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Boy,I'm very sorry to hear this>>>

I had a Tudor Prince Oysterdate that began to gain 20 min. every two hours,exactly 2 years after it was serviced.
After that,I was spooked a bit by autos in general,thus my choice of a quartz Seamaster over the auto.Autos are great,till problems crop up leaving you feeling helpless and a little burned since you pay extra for the auto version of the watch as a rule.
My guess is the watch either recieved a shock,or is already due for an expensive service.
I do hope it does work out for the best,good luck.:-)
: I own my speedmaster reduce for a little over
: two years. Generally I don't use the
: chronograph. Nevertheless every two or three
: months I let it run for 24HRS to keep
: “operational”. This time something happened
: the main movement stop working after wearing
: the watch for over 15 hours. Also I have
: noticed that the watch is losing five
: minutes for every six hours with the
: chronograph mechanism engaged.

: Any advice will be appreciated.

: PS: the small second hand keep working while
: the other two don't move.

: -thanks

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE