The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Help choosing AT (or SM120)>

Well it's the olds 40th anniversary coming up so I thought I'd get them matching watches. The WIS in me automatically said get automatics. Of course they'll only wear the watch once a week, so as much as I hate to stump more than $100 on quartz, I think I'm gonna have to. In the US$600-700 retail range they're ain't that much really of substance I feel, and to be blunt I feel any of that money is wasted. So as is usually the case when shopping for presents of this nature I have doubled the ante to get into something decent and reckon the best value by far has to be the quartz Aqua Terra (quartz are priced well less than the autos, something that is not always the case with other quartz versus auto models).

Question - anyone got the 28mm ladies one? It looks weird in the pics IMHO (bezel too wide in relation to dial, lugs look too fat) and I think the old lady will be able to pull off a 35mm (my Seiko 007 looks smaller on her than me). The old man could probably swing a 38mm, but I'm thinking 35mm (he wears a 35mm dia/45mm lug to lug military WWW replica that I gave him, on the weekends). Can the mother pull it off though?

What colour dial? I'm thinking definately black for him, black for her too, but I reckon you guys will tell me silver for her.

Alternative if they are still available are quartz SM 120's. Will be perfect size for him, and I think the mid-size will be good for her, if not the man's.

Any ideas guys and girls.

Regards,

Rob.

Messages In This Thread

Help choosing AT (or SM120)>
Re: Help choosing AT (or SM120)>
Re: Help choosing AT (or SM120)>
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE