The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega Seamaster Chronograph question

: I have a 6 month old blue Seamaster pro
: chronograph (Bond watch with the stopwatch
: function). When I start the chronograph it
: works fine but when I stop it only the
: second hand and the minute hand stop. The
: hour hand keeps going until I push the
: button to reset the chronograph. Is this
: normal? I purchased the watch new six months
: ago from a store and I didn't notice it
: doing it until last week. Any suggestions
: would be appreciated. I love the watch and
: would prefer not to send it to switzerland
: for warranty work.

: Thanks

: Bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry to say I agree with the other respondee. I've tried it on my identical watch and the hour hand does stop so I think you have a problem. As a matter of interest though I wonder if I have a problem with my bezel. When I first had the watch (February) the bezel was quite stiff to turn which was fine by me. However over the last ten months it has got to the stage where it is very easy to turn and in fact quite often gets knocked round if I catch it say washing my hands. I'm wondering if it is too loose and I should send it back also. What is your experience with your bezel? Has it loosened particularly over six months? I do use mine quite often and also swim with it. Hope you get your watch sorted.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE